Description- Being a scientist practically makes you a writer. Your ideas, your work and the initiatives you undertake are communicated in writing to the world in the form of articles, theses, grant proposals or book. Your career and the influence you exert is first and foremost determined by your publication record. The goal of this workshop is to help you become a more skilled and a more productive scientific writer.
- The workshop is structured into 3 main parts.
- - In the 1st part, you will learn the elements of structure and style that make a scientific article excellent.
- - The 2nd part provides a method to reach this goal, beginning from a blank sheet of paper.
- - The 3rd part addresses the organizational and psychological challenges one encounters when writing articles (motivation, goal setting, time management, procrastination, self-doubts…).
- The workshop consists of lecture-based presentations, discussions and exercises directly applicable to your current writing projects. It is designed to improve your general knowledge and skills as well as to immediately help you along in your ongoing work.
|Period||26 Nov 2020 → 27 Nov 2020|
|Location||Virtual, Graz, Austria|