- Fields of Research:
* Theoretical Research:
The numerical simulation of hydraulic systems is very important for the strategy of the institute. The fields of application cover both the one dimensional fluid mechanics in pipings / water hammer calculation and the complete 3D - simulation of hydraulic fluid machinery and systems such as pumps, turbines, valves, torque converters, etc.
* Experimental Research:
The institute's laboratory sets us apart from other Universities in the European Competition. The equipment covers among other things:
- 4-quadrant test rig: main pump ~200 [ KW ], diameters of up to approx.. 300 [ mm ], motor/generator 65 [ KW ], run-off water boiler up to 0.1 [ bar ] absolute pressure, vibration measurement in the non-rotating and rotating system (strain gauges)
- sensor technology test facility: maximally 4 different pumps with separate cycles, apparatus for the measurement of acceleration + high frequency pressure sensors
- air test bench: up to 590 [ mm ] impeller diameters, 15 [ KW ] installed power, laser-Doppler anemometer, adjustable, rotating 5-Hole Probe
- pressure surge test bench:
- various small test rigs:
- manufacturing with CNC- and conventional machine tools
* Market analysis and strategy:
We intend on cover the entire value-creating process, which makes it necessary to analyse the market and the competitors properly. Therefore we continuous accomplish market analysis on new products and technologies, which are required for a further implementing close to the market and provide a basic for any market and analysing activity.
- University course "Pumpenfachingenieur":
This university course, arranged on our lead management, provides the participants in the form of a correspondence course with specialist knowledge of first-class experts of the pump industry.
- Expert Conference "Pumpen in der Verfahrenstechnik, Raffinerie, Abwasser, Papier":
This Expert-Conference, hosted by the institute of hydraulic fluid machinery, developed itself to the most distinguished in its German field in the past years.
The Institute treats the entire industrial value-creating process in the industry for hydraulic machinery and blowers, beginning at the market demand, running through our core competence research and development up to production and marketing of new product ideas as well as beginning at the test facility up to a virtual prototype:
Theoretical and experimental research on turbines, pumps, fans, valves, torque converters surge tanks, blades, suction tubes as well as transients in hydraulic and process installations.
Investigation and optimization of industrial business and innovation processes in the field of hydraulic machines.